Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an E&I Control Engineer to work at the Turbo Gas Power Generation Plant located on Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea.
The positon is for a 10-12 month duration, the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off , but extended rotations are presently being worked due to the COVID 19 situation.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, required to ensure the correct operation of turbogenerators and medium voltage distribution equipment by applying the manufacturer's recommendations, best engineering practices and troubleshooting on said equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the preventive / predictive maintenance plan on I / E and control equipment.
- Ensure the timely intervention of operational equipment in case of failure (corrective maintenance).
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams of root cause analysis in the area of I / E and control.
- Prepare technical reports related to preventive and corrective actions.
- Prepare the scope of work for the I / E and control projects to be contracted according to the annual plan.
- Ensure efficient supervision and leadership over the I/E department team.
- Develop on-site training plan for the I / E team.
- Ensure a proper coaching and mentoring to the I/E team.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and regulations of health, safety and environment of the company.
- Ensure compliance and ethical policies of the company.
- Propose and develop plant improvement projects.
- Participate in the annual maintenance plan elaboration.
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets.
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Batchelor / Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Several years' experience working at Power Generation Plants.
- Root cause analysis.
- RS Logix 5.
- Industrial instrumentation (Transmitters, Transducers level, pressure, temperature, speed, flow) wiring, P&ID's)
- PLCs, SLCs
- MKV control Systems.
- MKVI control Systems.
- Medium voltage breakers.
- Multiline PQM.
- Fr3 Gas Turbines.
- Fr6 Gas Turbines.
- Siemens-Typhoon Turbogenerators
- Medium voltage transformers.
- Electrical protection coordination
- Medium voltage Transformers.
- Electrical drawings.
- Medium voltage Switchgears
- ANSI, NEMA, IEC, NEC, NFPA standards
PC Application Skills:
- Microsoft office management including MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Spanish technical language skills.
- Stress control.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Proactive approach.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Management and reporting skills.
- Problem analysis and decision making.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.