Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Convent, Louisiana, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for QA/QC inspector to join our team in Convent, Louisiana.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US with out sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Review and be familiar with job specifications, drawings, and the contract documents which will outline the quality requirements
- Performs testing, observation and inspection as directed in accordance to specified procedures
- Monitor working conditions regularly to ensure the safety of all team members
- Must have a current CWI and vision screen
Skills / Qualifications
• Review and be familiar with the job specifications, drawings, submittals and the contract documents which will outline the quality requirements
• Maintain a job file of all the contract documents
• Make daily inspections of the work in progress across disciplines and maintain very accurate records of these inspections
• Witness testing as required by the contract and the job specifications. Employee must also submit reports on the testing that was witnessed
• Observe worker using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards
• Verify corrective actions that have been taken when discrepancies have been identified. Must also submit a report on the methods and procedures that were used to correct identified problems
• Recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards
• Review all inspection reports for compliance
• Prepare nonconformance reports to the QA/QC Manager and assist in developing corrective actions
• Assist in resolving any discrepancies and ambiguities
• Assure all nonconformance and resolution activities are communicated in appropriate manner with all stakeholders
• Review inspection test packages during the course of the projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.