Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuwait, Kuwait
Wood is currently seeking to recruit Project Engineer Electrical to-
- Permanently assign to the projects, working as part of the PMC Team to manage the FEED design or EPC Contractor on behalf of the client
- Responsible for the overall management of a KOC PMC Contract assigned project
- Direct Reports:
Assigned direct support services personnel
- Assigned indirect support services personnel
- Leadership and coordination of multi - discipline assigned project task force teams
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of assigned project delivery
- Provides timely reports on status of the project and issues to Client Controlling team
- HSSE leadership of the assigned project
- Assigned project delivery improvement
- Participate in key Client reviews and meetings as required, including project Risk management and lessons learned
- Lead Assigned Project Monthly Progress reviews with the EPC Contractor or regular reviews with FEED office
- Present Assigned project status, issues and corrective actions at Wood weekly Assigned project reviews, and keep Client Controlling Team and Management updated
- Lead, develop and issue for Key Personnel and Client review assigned project management plans
- Approve weekly timesheets and overtime requests for assigned projects
- Raise requests for Other Direct Costs relating to assigned projects
- Create and sustain a good contract team spirit within the Wood project team / FEED team and client
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 10 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Wood in a similar position.
- Proven track record of managing major projects in the oil and gas industry, with Design, Engineering & Construction Management functions in particular. PMC experience of leading a team desirable.
- Middle East experience desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.