Skills: Marine Supervisor, Marine Surveying
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £500 - £800 per annum
Location: Brittany, France
Primat Recruitment is recruiting for a Maritime Consultant to join a multinational, world leader within the renewable energy sector for a provisional 1 year contract. The position is located in Brittany, France, with a potential need to travel through to Paris, France.
The Maritime consultant is responsible for proposing and completing action plans to reduce the risks identified in particular with regard to maritime procedures and maritime safety aspects, and ensure the full compliance with the relevant authorisations for the offshore wind project. The Maritime Consultant will support the Development & Territory and Regulatory Compliance team on all procedures.
- Write technical notes and administrative files related to maritime and offshore activities.
- Participate in and provide the secretariat for relations with state services and other maritime organizations.
- Maintain a network of sea users in the bay of Saint Brieuc.
- Participate in project management: schedules, deadlines, organization of meetings, etc.
- Support, collaborate and provide answers to the needs of other project departments, related to these requirements.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables of these studies.
- Participate in obtaining new authorizations for the project, necessary for technical or environmental campaigns at sea, port facilities etc.
- Participate in working groups or meetings with external entities and / or State Services.
- Write notes on specific maritime issues related to the project (analysis, reference, feedback, etc.).
Qualification, Certification and Experience.
- Very good knowledge of State action at sea.
(Maritime Prefecture, CROSS, SNSM, SHOM, CEREMA, Phares et Balise, DIRM ...)
- Knowledge of Offshore Work and Maritime Coordination.
- Knowledge of Maritime Safety.
- Careful writing of reports, presentation skills and capacity for synthesis.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Proactivity, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Ability to adapt to a demanding work environment and react to change.
- Flexibility to travel in France (Paris & Brittany, in particular).
- Fluent in French and English.