Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.SparksNevada
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Assistant will perform duties related to the administration of the Upstream Minerals (UM) Quality program for all UM-operated sites in the United States (US) and work closely with the UM QHSE team based in Vancouver, Canada. Working conditions include: sedentary work.
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Quality Assistant position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Be a strong proponent for risk-based thinking and improvement initiatives
- Ensure proper implementation and oversight of the Quality program by:
- Performing internal audits as assigned and in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and BV Group Policies
- Participating in external assessments/audits with accreditation/registration bodies
- Providing training on elements of the Quality program as assigned
- Providing technical and advisory support on matters related to the management system
- Providing reports on quality assurance and quality control activities to the UM management team
- Assisting in the standardization and implementation of UM policies and procedures
- Assisting in the development and validation of local technical methods
- Assisting in the review and update of the measurement uncertainty data collected for technical methods
- Assisting in the control and revision of procedures and associated documents
- Assisting in the investigation of client complaints and reporting of responses
- Performing scheduled verifications of balances, working weights and thermometers
- Assisting in the management of the external calibration program
- Assisting in the management of laboratory proficiency testing activities
- Assisting in the management of quality control activities related to reference and proficiency test materials
- Participating in professional development and training as required
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Quality Manager.
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed during the dispensation of their duties to the Quality Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.