Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, United Kingdom
For additional information on this position, please contact Joanna Galbraith via Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/joanna-galbraith-harris-76819027/.
Chevron Supply and Trading (S&T) provides a critical link between the market and Chevron's upstream, downstream and chemicals companies. We provide commercial support to our crude oil and natural gas production operations and to our refining and marketing network. To learn more take a look at what we do here: https://www.chevron.com/operations/supply-trading
High Level Overview:
We currently have a number of permanent and contractor Trade Desk Support Analyst positions available within Crude & Products and we are willing to consider part time working.
We are looking for individuals who are highly-motivated with sound business acumen and problem-solving skills, natural team players, eager to learn and grow, and have an eye for innovation and continuous process and personal improvement.
Responsibilities for this position may not include but are not limited to:
- Accurate and timely updates to the trading capture system throughout the life of each deal
- Daily analysis and reporting of earnings, exposure and mark to market to advise and explain business performance
- Working closely with team members in trading, finance, risk control and operations to manage and understand commodity earnings and exposure
- Working as part of global teams to identify and implement process improvements utilising new digital solutions
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Believe in getting results the right way
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Digital mindset and innovative thinker with a proven ability to use technology to provide solutions, efficiencies, develop models and quantifying risks to support trading strategies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (particularly Excel, Power BI, etc.)
- An understanding of commodity trading terminology
- Experience of Trade Capture systems, particularly SolArc RightAngle
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.