Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 4 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Subject matter expert in digital electronics and signal processing firmware design, as applied to wireline tools & surface systems
- Under broad direction, provides expertise and guidance in analysis, modifications and designs of multiple projects of high complexity
- Act as subject matter expert in digital electronics design, signal processing algorithm design and firmware implementation for downhole application
- Designs, develops and tests complex algorithm and firmware designs for Microprocessors, DSP (Digital Signal Processor), Micro-controllers, FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Arrays)
- Develop & implement control systems in firmware
- Defines and develops advanced signal processing algorithms in firmware for downhole tool application
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to other personnel involved in developing such designs
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems in most efficient and economical manner
- Works on multiple design projects requiring application of advanced engineering techniques
- Incorporate reliability and quality analysis techniques during the design and testing process
- Subject matter expert in digital signal processing & firmware areas
- Subject matter expert in digital communication areas especially in digital modulation/demodulation, channel coding, pulse shaping and match filter design
- Subject matter expert in embedded firmware design with and without RTOS
- Design and development of digital signal processing algorithm (FFT, IFFT, Quadrature detection, peak detection, FIR, IIR and PID etc.) for downhole application
- Design and analysis of data acquisition systems including A/D, D/A, high speed Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processors (DSP), FPGA, I/O communications (SPORT, CAN, SPI, I2C, RS485, RS232, Ethernet, etc.), volatile and non-volatile memory
- Design and development of embedded firmware with DSP, ARM, Microcontrollers and FPGA
- Designs printed circuit board assemblies with digital processing circuits, processors, microcontrollers & FPGAs
- Develops creative/innovative solutions and new technology
- Serves as a mentor to lower level technical staff personnel
- Develops digital circuits, mixed signal circuit design, pre-amplifiers, analog filters, signal conditioning, power supply, control theory and/or RF design
- The ideal candidate will have a MS or PhD in electrical/electronic engineering or appropriate combination of education and experience; a solid history of technical accomplishments; a demonstrated ability to commercialize technology; demonstrated ability to conceive of and develop creative/innovative technology; and over 4 years of successful industrial experience in similar environment. Candidates with more relevant experience will be considered for roles with bigger responsibilities.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89472
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.