Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
The Informatica Developer assists the MDM Lead in designing and enhancing the master data component of the Enterprise Solution Architecture. He will work with other developers and a lead on specific projects around MDM and Data Quality.The position requires close collaboration with other Data technology groups (Delivery, Architecture, Integration Governance, Operations, Support and Services) to understand MDM requirements
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists MDM leads in the development of the enterprise MDM data model
- Configures MDM tools to perform as required by MDM designs
- Evaluates and recommends new and emerging MDM/DQ technologies, methodologies and standards
- Ensures consistency and compatibility with all other system technology components
- Develops the MDM data model and architecture
- Utilizes a data modeling tool to develop "blueprints" for the Conceptual Data Model of the MDM architecture
- Implements enterprise conceptual models to integrate master data from diverse data sources into conformed, high quality, and referentially sound enterprise master data model.
- Implements master data modeling standards that includes naming standards, data quality indicators, data categorization, ETL attribute usage, data consistency and reuse, data quality.
- Implements logical master data models using the data modeling tool for all layers in the MDM technical architecture framework.
- Mitigates performance implications of various data modeling and architecture decisions at the logical and physical layer as related to ETL, ad hoc query access, and static reporting.
- Reviews and validates master data models with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in data management development.
- 3 years of experience in relational database
- Working understanding of Tableau or similar in memory analysis tool is preferred.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts preferred.
- Experience with the following disciplines is preferred: Data Warehousing, EAI, Metadata Management, Master Data Management (implementation and data stewardship), Data Quality Management, Relational Databases, Dimensional Databases, Semantics, Data Lifecycle Management, SQL, PL/SQL, UML, XML.
- Common Oilfield Operation procedures and the processes and procedures utilized to carry out Business Systems
- Good written communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent written communication and meeting facilitation skills required
- Fluent English level. Strong written and communication skills
- Candidates must be located and leggale authorized to work in Colombia
Key competencies in data science technologies
Upon entry, intermediate level of understanding in:
- Data requirements
- Data quality and compliance e.g. scorecard management
- Data management principles
- Business process management
- Data stewardship, strategy and governance
- Data factory capabilities
- Data warehousing and business intelligence support
- Rules (both DQ and MDM rules)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.