As a Lean Leader - Asia, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Developing and mentoring a cross-functional team in a global-matrix environment to ensure quality and a safe environment
- Understanding the strategy deployment to translate the transformational vision into specific site goals and priorities, linking lean initiatives to business KPIs.
- Using value stream analysis to focus and drive improvement at plant level as identified per strategy deployment.
- Going to Gemba and facilitate significant/transformative Kaizen events to implement standardized process utilizing lean tools and processes.
- Drive the continuous improvement culture by leading and demonstrating knowledge through hands-on application of tools.
- Advancing organizational maturity and buying in of lean by broadly increasing leader and employee participation in Gemba and Kaizen.
- Deploy the 7 pillars of Lean, viz, Strategy Deployment, Transformation Planning, 5S, Creating Continuous Flow, Making Material Flow, Standard Work and Visual Management/ MDI.
- Applying Lean methodology to ensure efficiency and quality expectations are met.
Working with us
- Have Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field from an accredited college or university.
- Have minimum 5-7 years of experience in lean leadership roles or equivalent enterprise level lean transformation experience.
- Have a good working knowledge of Quality tools, lean concepts and root cause analysis.
- Be a practitioner of lean tools and practices: VSM, Kaizen, 5S, standard work, continuous flow, material flow and visual management.
- Possess track record of successful lean process improvement demonstrated by considerable KPI improvement.
- Have a lean certification (mandatory) or/and have vast experience and knowledge in the Toyota Production System.
- Be willing to travel when needed (60% travel).
- Act as an Influential, energetic, and enthusiastic leader, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance.
- SMED and/or autonomous maintenance a plus but not necessary.
- Have good command in English and Japanese Language at business level.
- Practical application of lean at best in class continuous improvement companies; e.g., Pentair, Toyota Danaher, UTC, John Deere etc.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.