Skills: Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
The Reuter-Stokes Operations Leader will be responsible for leading a complex and technically diverse plant at the Reuter- Stokes site in Twinsburg, Ohio. This leader will serve as the operations site owner for the facility employing over 150 employees. This role will be accountable for planning and directing all aspects of the organization's manufacturing and supply chain strategies, objectives, initiatives and policies. The Operations Leader will champion the Fulfillment/Sourcing, HSE, Productivity, and Lean for the site.
- Leading from the front, being visible, getting to know and advocating needs for the supply chain function
- Responsible for driving and promoting a strong HSE culture across the site.
- Drive operations team towards execution of Business Goals using Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Monitor & improve cost productivity while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality & compliant manner
- Establish and direct plant policies and procedures
- Meet plant production and quality goals
- Establish all production schedules and meet customer's delivery and quality expectations
- Management of Direct staff on their selection, training and development of plant supervisory and administrative roles.
- Ensure sufficient capacity exists to achieve all customer commitments
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements in factory yield
- Drive Product Quality and Lean to ensure that internal business metrics are met
- Develop & create training plans to maximize workforce capability
- Continually improve on time delivery metrics
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings; foster employee engagement and ensure that business and operational goals are effectively communicated to employees
- Serve as business/site representative on global supply chain team
- Promote a working environment that adheres to the highest compliance standards and encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, quality, inventory and HSE
- BS Degree, preferably in Engineering
- In depth work experience with proven leadership in manufacturing or supply chain role
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, and fulfillment metrics, quality systems, cost systems, and fulfillment metrics, and procedures
- Ability to successfully motivate and maintain high morale, employee involvement, safety and teamwork in a cross functional environment
- Lean trained with demonstrated ability to apply tools and process rigor
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex, global, unique and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and execute important business and supply chain initiatives
- Proven leadership skills (experience successfully managing people/projects/issues)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to develop a clear organizational strategy and metrics to drive and monitor improvement
- Change agent with energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change
- Inclusive leadership style, proven ability to build a connection with the team through personal involvement and trust
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Engineering and technical background desired
- Proven people/team building skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.