United Kingdom - Devon, ExeterJob Summary
Are you a Project Manager or Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in management and direction of infrastructure and/or water engineering projects? We have an exciting career role in our established Water team, based in the South West in either Exeter or Bristol. We are looking for people who make expert project management their focus and profession.
You will manage the project design and delivery cycle, taking delivery and budgetary decisions, identifying the need for design resources and specialist input across AECOM and our supply chain. The responsibility of managing stakeholder expectations will call for some knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects across the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients:
- Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
- Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and 'Capital Delivery' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
- Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
As a Project Manager, you will work closely with our Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to manage project delivery, contribute to and lead bids, ensure technical quality through appointing the correct resources, manage and control budgets and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will drive efficiency and be responsible for overall delivery to AECOM and our clients. You will be supported by our operational and commercial teams in particular.
You will take ownership of key programmes of work or whole projects and see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
- Manages portfolio of clients with multiple projects.
- Responsible for delivering revenues assigned from specific clients as a result of repeat business caused by flawless execution of projects.
- Consistently delivers profit margins planned.
- Consistently completes project without write-downs or multiplier erosion.
- Typically manages projects involving RTF (Risk Triggering Factors).
- Manages more complex clients and projects.
- Has decision-making authority and directs other Project Managers in recognizing risk and uncertainty with plans to mitigate and eliminate such.
- Directs staff to operate and minimize exposure to claims.
- Supervises and directs Project Managers with multiple projects or program of projects.
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE or ChPP/APM/PMP
- Contractual skills and experience, e.g. NEC4
- Strong commercial and risk management awareness
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale infrastructure (ideally water and wastewater engineering) projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Experience working for contractors in a design and build environment
- Working understanding of programme planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
Your benefits will include:
- A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background;
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Bristol - Portwall PlaceClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.