Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- We are looking for an adaptable individual who has a passion for solving complex problems for real world deployment as part of a team
- Under broad direction, applies theories, principles and practices to the research and development of new and improved products, processes and procedures
- Job role contributes directly to value creation
- Performs routine research and experimentation at the direction of Senior Scientists and Team Leaders
- Document progress in laboratory notebooks, reports, procedures and designs
- Communicates occasionally with Technical Client Personnel
- Responds as directed by Senior Scientist and Team Leaders to customer's needs
- Participates in Professional Societies
- Demonstrated experience in Machine Learning for delivery of customer driven computational algorithms is required with Microsoft Azure as a plus
- Must have a strong primary discipline competency in addition to machine learning experience, preferably as a fluid analytics-based background such as:
- Physics (chemical physics, computational chemistry, material science, sensing technologies)
- Chemistry (physical chemistry, chemical analytics, or chemometrics, sensing technologies)
- Chemical engineering
- Cubic Equation of State for PVT and phase behavior
- Reservoir simulations, Reservoir evaluation, Petrophysics - especially formation testing, Porous media fluid dynamics, Compositional fluid dynamics
- Programming Skills: Python, or Matlab is required and C++, C # experience is a plus
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, or similar discipline with 7 years of related experience. Completion of a Master's or PHD in Science or Engineering is preferred
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skills a variety of job opportunities might be available including, Principal Senior Scientific- Physics up to Sr. Scientific Advisor-Physics
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89486
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.