Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Site Project SCM Specialist for a 6-month contract in Redwater, AB.
Location & Duration
- Redwater, AB
- Start Date of assignment - ASAP
- Schedule 5 days on/2 days off (10 hrs/day M-th, 8hrs/day F) - 48 hours/week
- 6 months renewable (Consultant)
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Contract management/administration of ROF purchase orders and contracts on site.
- General contract administration including maintaining confidential records and creating, maintaining and filing of reports, correspondence, statistics and related material for ease of retrieval.
- Advise team of contractual rights and obligations and the means to mitigate contractor risks.
- Capture, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Chairing/attending and minuting weekly project meetings providing updates and reports to project management.
- Understanding the terms and conditions of executed contracts in order to verify/process change orders.
- Meeting with contractors to better understand/challenge change proposals when they do not align with agreed to terms and conditions.
- Liaising with the SCM Team Lead, ROF Project Manager and Construction Manager and other staff to obtain information/input to support the contract administration and change order process.
- Raising Purchase Orders and Change Orders in SAP, obtaining signatures, distribution and filing for all site contracts to support the contract leads.
- Support in the preparation of request for proposal (RFP) documents, as required. Managing the RFP process and correspondence with contractors and service providers.
- Obtaining information for contracts report preparation and ensuring the reporting activities demonstrate compliance with corporate contracting policies, goals, and objectives.
- Reviewing of site LEMs and service invoices in support of invoice attestation.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of industry experience related to contracts administration, preferably in a project site-based environment;
- Proficient with SAP and MS Office;
- General knowledge of business law and legal ramifications with respect to contracts and procurement requirements;
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts as well as adapting to new and challenging situations;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with changing priorities;
- The following will be considered assets:
- Post-Secondary Degree;
- SCMP/CPSM designation(s).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.