Tyler, Texas, United States
Tyler, Texas, United States
Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tyler, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician.
Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities such as picking up, laying down, running, retrieving, connecting, tripping, standing back and/or disconnecting all components of the casing drill string, completion string, and when required, drill pipe.
• Help prepare, test, tag and load all required equipment at the shop upon being dispatched
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with rig and operator personnel.
• Help pusher use various hand tools to make necessary adjustments or repairs to equipment to ensure proper function.
• Help prepare and load equipment for transport to return from rig location back to the shop
• Help prepare vehicle and equipment for the next job upon return to the shop
• Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary.
• Communicate with customer in a professional manner as appropriate to complete the job and appropriate paperwork.
• Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations.
• Understand and comply with all Nabors Policies and Standards, including, but not limited to: Quality and HSE, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by pusher
• High School Degree or Equivalent
• Mechanically inclined, hydraulic/electrical
• 2 yrs of oilfield experience
• Must reside within a one (1) hour drive of this location
• Previous casing running experience preferred
• 1 year of Floor Hand experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently.
• May be asked to operate a company vehicle.
• Safety and service oriented
• Good problem solving skills
• Communication with the rig crew and shop personnel
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
• Repetitive motions.
Work Environment (This will change depending on job)
o Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
o Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs