Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services . Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Lead Mechanical Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring design is produced in line with required Regulatory, Customer and Company standards for EHSS&Q.
- Delivery of all discipline related Engineering Design deliverables to cost, schedule and quality
- Identification and application of discipline related design standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Overseeing team progressing and reporting
- Engineering coordination across disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying discipline resource needs and recruiting appropriately
- Ensuring design change and configuration is effectively implemented
- Overall management and coordination of discipline team on the project.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are implemented.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects Mobilising/recruiting discipline engineering resources including competency assessment Producing and implement engineering project execution plans Producing/reviewing engineering estimates and programmes Implementation of design verification and validation Managing discipline design phase reviews Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors Managing cost and schedule performance of teams General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards including CDM Managing discipline workshare with HVEC other design offices Understanding key discipline related engineering software systems Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases