Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Irvine, California, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.IrvineCalifornia
Architectural Designer / Drafter
The Architectural Designer / Drafter will assist Project Architects, Project Designers, and Project Managers in the execution of specific assignments. Primary responsibilities will be preparation of AutoCAD documentation and presentations for schematic design, design development and construction documents. Work will also include research for product and construction methods related to projects and review and processing of construction administration documents. The Architectural Designer / Drafter will work under the mentorship from senior designers and project leaders.
- Create design drawings with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Coordinate with Designers, Architects, Engineers and Project Managers to produce design drawings per project specifications
- Analyze available information to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete design drawings
- Ensure drawings comply with building regulations and architectural standards
- Prepare documents to a level consistent with set quality standards while maintaining project schedules
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) preferably AutoCAD 2019
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Able to read architectural drawings and specification manuals
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Possess problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a positive, "can-do" attitude
- Be a team player willing to collaborate with team members
- Design, graphic and related computer skills appropriate to the field of architecture and design a plus
- Knowledge of building materials, regulations and architectural standards a plus
- Knowledge of commonly used architectural concepts, practices and procedures a plus
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in computer-aided drafting in a design setting
Owen Group, Limited Partnership (Owen) is a Bureau Veritas (BV) company, which is an international testing, inspection, certification, and compliance company. Within BV, Owen is a full service architectural & engineering (A&E) and commissioning firm providing Architectural Design, Structural, Civil and MEP engineering design and commissioning, as well as Pre-Construction and Construction Management services to a wide range of clients in both the public and private sectors. Our projects include Education, Healthcare, Energy, Government, Aviation, Hospitality, International, and Mixed-Use Projects. Our primary office is in Orange County. To widely serve our clients, we also have offices elsewhere in California and nationwide as part of Bureau Veritas.
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Architectural Designer / Drafter" in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Disclaimer : The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.