Requisition ID: 231517 Requisition Posting End Date: 12/01/2020 Bechtel Overview
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values -ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants -integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver. Project Overview
Bechtel NS&E is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation's aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity! Position Overview
This position is for a Revit MEP Designer/Engineerwho will prepare Revit 3D designs associated with DOD and USAF projects. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. This role will specifically support the USAF Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase. The GBSD program is the weapon system replacement for the Minuteman III missile systems. Our team is supporting Northrop Grumman and the USAF's nuclear deterrence mission to modernize this ground-based leg of the nuclear triad.
This position is responsible for the direct production of design work by Bechtel as well as for coordinating the scope and integration of work. Job Responsibilities(include but not limited to):
- Modeling of electrical rooms, equipment, cable tray, conduit, etc in a 3D Revit model environment.
- Assist with coordination of 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines.
- Electrical Physical Design (and circuit and raceway).
- Responsible for raceway design, equipment location and layout, C&R schedule inputting and update, conduit, and aboveground raceway design.
- Works under the direction of senior engineers/designers.
- Produces drawings and documentation in accordance with established design and scope including design of lighting, communications, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, and lightning protection systems.
- Capable of independent creative design, with direction, using Bechtel and industry-proven concepts, and procedures.
- Ensures electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations, and standards.
- Level 1:
- Designer - AA/AS degree with 3 years of related design experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 7years of related design experience.
- Engineer - BS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited universitywith at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Level 2:
- Designer - AA/AS degree with 5 years of related design experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 9years of related design experience.
- Engineer - BS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited universitywith at least 3years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen(No dual citizenship).
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Hands-on experience using Revit MEP, Architectural, drawing generation, view templates, design options, and phasing.
- Hands-on experience using Revit Architecture/MEP and drawing generation.
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Knowledge & application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
- Must have experience with an electronic Cable Management System, such as the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the database.
- Must be able to collaborate well with other disciplines.
- Ability to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent interruptions, and multiple tasks.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Possess active security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Previous Bechtel project experience.
- Previous DoD/DoE, USACE, NAVFAC, USAF, or NASA project experience.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.