NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific DescriptionJob Overview
Employees in this job conducting extensive engineering analysis of technical decisions to support business unit objectives. Employees in this role perform engineering root cause analysis, develop cost effective countermeasures, and provide expert advice. Individuals develop scope, design criteria, perform data collection, and engineering analysis/design toward completion of large projects. The successful candidate is responsible for completing complex plant engineering tasks that require relevant experience and use of technical engineering principles.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates engineering activities under general guidance
- Provides direction to less-experienced engineers and technicians
- Applies nuclear regulations and standards to work assignments
- Acts as a liaison to interfacing departments
- Performs engineering and analytical tasks to develop reliable, cost effective recommendations
- Uses advanced computer models to develop and study solution feasibility
- Prepares engineering documentation and assist with technical support for licensing and other regulatory proceedings
- Ensures procured materials and services meet engineering specifications
- Consults with peer engineers to ensure that solutions meet plant design
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 5+ years
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Nuclear Experience: 0+ years
Nuclear Specific Requirements
- Engineering or related experience: 5+ years
NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market: