Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Muscat, Oman
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Oman
Due to visa restrictions we can only consider applications who are already based in Oman.
The Senior Contract engineer will be responsible for managing the contracting activities of the company.
Contract Tender Phase
- Administer the tendering process to ensure the "due process" is respected and timely progress is achieved, including preparation and issuance of communication documentation with Tenderers, organization of tender clarification meetings, organization of tender correspondence, update of a register and filing, etc.:
- Prepare the Call for Tender documentation and specific Tender and Tender Evaluation Procedures in line with Project and Company procedures.
- Manage, monitor and control (in liaison with C&P entity) all required contractual process, ensure that all recommendations are made as per the best contractual and commercial terms
- Ensure Project team are kept up to date with tender progress and developments, obtain any necessary attendance at meetings and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Prepare clarification meetings with potential bidders during various stage of process
- Validate Tenderer compliance with Bank Guarantee, Parent Company Guarantee requirements, Insurances and the like.
- Evaluate contractual proposals and assist in evaluation of technical and commercial proposals where applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of the Tender Recommendation Report and the Recommendation to Award.
- Prepare final contract documents and obtain signatures for execution of the contract.
- Manage close out the Pre-contract phase (e.g. notification of unsuccessful Tenderers, storage of tender documentation and correspondence, etc).
Contract Execution Phase
Post award, the Contracts Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring the Contracts assigned are executed in accordance with the agreed contractual terms and conditions and that Company interest is protected at all times:
- Provide advice to the Company representative on contractual issues, and prepare / validate all contractual correspondence.
- Handle Contractor claims, prepare counter claims - liaise with Project team & HQ as necessary
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.