Responsible for leading the materials planning team. Works with the Sales and Commercial Leader, Materials Manager, Procurement Leader and supply chain to translate the demand (forecasts, sales orders, planned orders) across multiple time horizons into physical orders and ensures they are delivered to meet the customer requirements.Essential Responsibilities
- Leads the planning team of five planners and two order management team members.
- Works with the Sales & Operating Leadership team to convert the demand plans into MRP controlled system, managing the plan on a weekly and quarterly basis into physical orders driving both make and purchased material needs.
- Understands business trends, opportunities and how they impact the demand forecast.
- Assists in the execution and drives consistency of the S&OP process
- Developing and implementing planning strategies.
- Managing daily planning activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing NPI, NPI forecast, NPI proto/pilot schedule and working closely with engineering team on new design as well as sustaining of released product lines.
- Maintaining the make materials masters and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensuring that all manufactured items meet the required quality standards and specifications. Ensuring that NCR control is maintained for any deviations of standard process.
- Monitor levels of safety stock, global and aging inventory and works with regions and manufacturing plants to address accordingly
- Management of the following processes: NCR, MCN for make materials, routing creation/changes, standard rolls impact to routings, planning BOM changes, stock standard creations/changes, exceptions, excess on order, lead time control, short material communication and mitigation.
- Working to improve planning systems and processes. Be actively involved with all lean work outs that involves changes to routings/BOM, etc.
- Training new employees in the planning process and how to use the purchasing system. Responsible to maintain the Book of Knowledge and ensure all employees are accurately trained and documentation also exists.
- Manage, Control, and ensure smooth transitions to new processes that changes any function of the planning daily functions rolled out by the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field (diploma or GED with 10+years' experience in related field)
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP and MRP functionality
- Certifications; APICS Certification
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Supervisory and management experience
- Ability to work with and influence stakeholders
- Strategic thinking with tactical execution with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.