Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Provides the department management, support and technical assistance for the administration and compliance of company health, safety and environmental programs and accident prevention activities. This position oversee US & Canada Drilling and Services Operations including Nabors Drilling Solutions and Canrig US.
- Directs and promotes the company in building and engaging in a proactive safety culture.
- Manages direct reports in the implementation of HSE policies and mission.
- Manages and reviews work site hazard assessments, identifies unsafe acts/conditions or unsafe behaviors, provides recommendations for corrective action to management team and informs the relevant BU Executives
- Provide support and guidance to Operations Management in correction of identified hazards.
- Develops and implements best practices
- Manages company safety, environmental and OSHA mandated meetings, seminars, training classes and record retention, as required.
- Participate, prepare and present required material in company and customer meetings.
- Manage and create documents, policies and procedures for company and regulatory agencies, e.g., OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Manage emergency response and preparations for designated locations.
- Direct, manage and provide expertise for incident investigations, case management, near misses, environmental and/or equipment damage.
- Manage incident statistical data and HSE reporting system for the business unit.
- Manage regulatory required forms such as OSHA 300 Log and TIER II Reporting.
- Provides compliance and performance reports to senior management
- Implements improvements to achieve optimum program performance
- Provide assistance to Risk Management for incidents and workers compensation.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum of College degree or equivalent Operational &/or Safety experience, or 5 years in similar position.
- Commitment to working safely and participating in all HSE programs. Must have the desire to assist the company in promoting a healthy, incident free workplace.
- Must be able to communicate with management as well as semi-skill laborers to help ensure clear understanding of company HSE guidelines, rules, policy, and procedures.
- English language skills, excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common reports in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. Must possess basic knowledge and skills in window based computer systems.
- Systematic and disciplined approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Other duties and projects as required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Certified Safety Professional Credential along with other HSE related certification
- Skilled in the assessment, development and implementation of a work place culture change to establish a safe work environment.
- Manages plans and implementation of safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Advises the relevant BU Executives on compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Manages plans and implements training for employees in work safety practices.
- Manages the maintenance of safety files and records.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Manages the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Familiarity &/or experience in OSHA and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Excellent Computer, communication and training skills.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs