Skills: Drilling Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Qatar, Qatar
TITLE: Senior Drilling Engineer
DURATION: 4 Years
1. Health Safety Environment
- Identify all drilling risks and ensure accompanying risk register for every well operations is included in drilling program
- Ensure all other HSE requirements and lifting colour codes are highlighted in drilling and workover programmes.
- Prepare exemption dossier when required and ensure risk analysis is performed for all non-routine operations.
- Ensure that company safety standard is maintained in all worksites.
2. Drilling Operation preparation and monitoring
- Well preparation in close corporation with RGS (WSOR) with clear definition of the objectives of the planned well covering trajectories, casing design, specific drilling challenges and associated cost estimates, reduce well complexity, perform torque and drag studies, hydraulics studies, anti-collision screening.
- Wells Trajectory design and optimization to reduce or eliminate collision risk.
- Prepare well programs, organize DWOP with onshore team and pre-spud meeting with rig site teams
- Prepare planning schedules, and required progress time curve for well, follow daily progress and provide detailed programs for non-routine activities liaising with Drilling Superintendent.
- Regular presentation of design decisions and progress to hierarchy, partners and regulators.
- Ensuring drilling performance and daily cost is accurately captured in daily drilling reports and dedicated reporting software.
- Performance follow up and optimization: develop strategies, and engage with contractors, base and rig site team.
- Provide engineering support/advise to the rig on program implementation.
- Regular rig visits: safety meetings / campaigns / audits, quality reviews and operations follow up.
- Completing final well reports with emphasis on ensuring high levels of data quality is reported and that lessons learned are captured in after action reviews and dedicated software.
- Participate in technical studies to improve drilling operations.
- Participate in Call for Tender for drilling service contracts.
3. Additional job roles
- Provide drilling engineering input for the initial screening of opportunities to improve recovery and or increase rate
- In the select phase, work in an integrated team to mature workovers, re-drills and infill wells. This includes drilling or workover feasibility evaluations, equipment availability, advise technology solutions, initial cost estimate of the selected option(s).
- Act as Lead drilling engineering New wells on occasion.
- Lead important engineering studies to optimize drilling operation.
- Mentor other young drilling engineers.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The job holder is responsible for delivering high quality well engineering in the context of a large and complex oilfield and of a multicultural standalone company. With highly fractured formations/reservoir, total loss zones and smart completion services requirements, ensuring that wells will be delivered safely and economically is a major driver for operational success.
Efficient coordination of service companies¡¦ personnel and equipment plus quick implementation of lessons learned are required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Initial formal education:
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering.
8 - 12 years Drilling Engineering experience
Good communication skills in English.
Mandatory training as per HSE training matrix
IWCF Level 4 certified every 4 years as a minimum