Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
ASSET INTEGRITY & RELIABILITY
SR. WELDING INSPECTOR
Primary Purpose of Job
Lead the Asset Integrity program within Offshore Operation by providing the technical support on Welding, Materials selection/performance and Inspection (as applicable) considering QP and International codes/specifications for operating offshore plants and equipment; these are including review and approve Welding and Material procedures/specifications/Guidelines/Manuals. Review and provide input into the existing engineering standards with respect to welding technology, weld design, fabrication, Material, and Inspection thus setting acceptable Departmental procedures and guidelines against which quality control activities are implemented and measured; including reviewing proposed corrective actions against raised non compliances in addition to waivers with subsequent approval or recommendation on weld / material /Inspection related matters.
• B.Sc. (Hons.) Degree in Mechanical or Material Engineering with post-graduate qualifications in welding and welding technology.
Experience & Skills
• Professional Membership, Quality assurance and NDT Certificates would be preferred.
• 25 years minimum work experience in the Oil and Gas industry of which the last 15 years must be related to welding & Material technology on new projects and existing plant and equipment.
• Sour service experience will be mandatory.
• Familiar with international codes, standards and specifications and development thereof to reflect environment specific conditions.
• Familiarization with management quality systems and audit function in line with ISO 9000 series.
• Supervisory roles and decision making capability must have been previously exercised.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa