Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Londra, United Kingdom
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis to generate value for ETS;
- Ensure that the crude oil production of Eni's upstream affiliates is sold to the best buyer;
- Locate and acquire optimal feedstock for Eni's refining system;
- Provide insight and support to the development of the long-term crude trading strategy for ETS;
- Maintain regular communication with crude traders in Houston and Singapore to identify and execute arbitrage opportunities;
- Develop and execute physical and financial crude trading strategies;
- Build and maintain key relationships with other trading companies, refiners and producers;
- Develop and present analysis to management to support future trading positions;
- Track and communicate to colleagues developments in the market and relevant market intelligence, including supply and demand balances and competitor activities;
- Support the origination team in developing long-term asset and contractual positions in line with the ETS long-term crude trading strategy;
- Liaise with colleagues in shipping and operations to ensure all physical movements are executed safely and efficiently;
- Upon conclusion of any transaction, to enter all the details into the internal trading system in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Ensure all trading activity is carried out in compliance with all relevant policies and regulations;
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives;
- Liaising with Refinery Supply to optimise the supply of feedstock;
- Liaising with Shipping for the chartering of shipping, on spot or term basis;
- Providing analytical assessments to support trading decisions;
- Defining and coordinating the strategy of the desks;
- Increasing P&L through opportunistic arbitrage movements (re-direction of cargoes);
- Keeping all records such as production, lifting information and P/L statements up to date;
- Interacting with colleagues in other functions (e.g. contracts, inspections, vetting, finance) to resolve any issues
- Encouraging team members to contribute to action, developing their expertise and bringing forward their own ideas.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities;
Permanent local contract. We are unable to offer visa support for this role.
- Previous experience with derivative instruments for hedging.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- Knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis.
- Experience of refining, petrochemical and upstream operations and processes considered as beneficial.
- Knowledge of IT standard software and software dedicated to the trading activities.
- Strong team player.
- Courageous, confident, resilient, dynamic and disciplined.
- University degree (Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline).
- Extensive experience in trading.
- Previous work experience in a global and international organization.
- Excellent command of English language (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of any other language is desirable, but not essential
About Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS)
Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) is dedicated to commodity trading, providing services to third-party customers as well as Eni's divisions. As a centre of excellence for trading in crude oil, natural gas and refined products, ETS has a global presence and is active in all European markets as well as in America, Africa and Asia. Integrity, transparency and social responsibility underpin our work, and our team is made up of talented, motivated and skilled individuals across London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Singapore, Rome and Houston. ETS and its top management are headquartered in London, with a steadily growing staff pool of 148 employees, with another 370 internationally. Our integrated model will create a global centre of excellence for Eni's trading and commodities risk control.
With ETS you'll join an international business in a multicultural setting, immerse yourself in a fast-paced trading environment and gain a broad depth of knowledge to help shape your own career path.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviours that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our mission and values
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people. Learn more about Eni's mission in our video:
Together, we have greater energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.