Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oakland, California, United States
We share a common purpose - to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we're excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Structural Engineer in Oakland, CA. As an expert on our team, you will design facilities such as equipment stations, manufacturing plants, pedestrian platforms, and structure support systems.
As a Lead Structural Engineer, working out of our Oakland, CA, you will take the lead role for the structural discipline for conventional building design projects for various clients such as BART and Chevron. This will include the design of facilities such as equipment stations, manufacturing plants, pedestrian platforms, and structure support systems. You're work will include development of PS&E deliverables, technical writing, and construction support services.
Our projects bring innovative solutions to our clients' building facility challenges, locally and worldwide. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally through challenging projects and working closely with our multi-discipline design teams, Senior Project Managers, and our clients. If you're ready for a challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis
• At least 10 years of experience in designing plant, manufacturing, and pedestrian facility structures
• At least 15 to 20 years of total experience
• Professional Engineer, (P.E.) license
• Experience working in a multi-discipline project teams
• Construction support services
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
• Structural Engineer (S.E.) license
• Master's degree in structural engineering