United Kingdom - Hertfordshire, St AlbansJob Summary
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to play an important role within our growing Civil Engineering team. Increasing demands for our services have created an opportunity in St Albans/South East to be involved in the delivery of major schemes within the water sector. We are looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer, capable of working independently where required, who is also able to lead project tasks, teams and sub-teams.Job Duties
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the successful candidate will work alongside Project Managers and technical leads to deliver complex projects. Key responsibilities will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals for water related infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for key local, regional and international clients. The role will also involve supporting business development activities. You may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff which will require a strong technical knowledge base and excellent communication skills.Specific Skills Required (Hiring manager completion required, mandatory)
- Experience in delivering and managing the stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design
- Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
- Detailed knowledge of one, or more, of the following;
- Water treatment works
- Wastewater treatment works
- Potable water networks, pumping stations and reservoirs
- Waste water networks including gravity systems, pumping stations and rising mains
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams, and able to lead and mentor junior staff from a variation of professional backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills and able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles at all levels
- Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages.
- Experience using a 3D design tool and other proprietary software products
- Project management experience
- Industry recognized Health and Safety qualifications
Your benefits will include:
- BSc, BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering.
- Membership of / working towards chartership with a relevant professional institution, e.g. ICE.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Croydon - Bedford ParkClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.