Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Croydon, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Surrey, Croydon
Due to an increased demand for our drainage and flood risk management expertise we are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to join our successful water team in Croydon/South East. As a Principal Civil Engineer you will manage the technical and commercial aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design and be able to carry out technical reviews of calculations, drawings and other design aspects. You will delegate tasks, direct and oversee the work of others and act as a technical mentor to more junior staff. This position will see you undertake the role of Project Manager for a range of drainage and flood risk management projects across Southern England, with a focus on London and the South East but with scope to cover national and international projects.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a BEng/MEng in a related engineering field with experience in civil or hydraulic engineering. Ideally you will have experience of working on Public Sector as well as Private Developer projects and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the FCERM process. You will be a Chartered Engineer, or close to becoming one.
Croydon is well located in the South of England, with excellent motorway and train links, being 25 minutes by train to Central London .We work for major Clients such as Network Rail, HS2, Local Authorities the Environment Agency, Southern Water, Severn Trent Water and many others including private developers.
Your duties will include:
- Lead on foul and surface water drainage relating to development and infrastructure,
- Prepare FRAs and Drainage Strategies for developers
- Prepare ES Chapters on Water Resources.
- Lead on designs of flood defences (fluvial and coastal), fluvial control structures and scour protection works encompassing multi-disciplinary designs including civil, MEICA and environmental aspects,
- Carry out investigations and assessments of fluvial and coastal flood risk and erosion problems, including design, specification and contract documentation,
- Lead on flood risk appraisal and design projects including options assessment, multi-criteria analysis, flood defence economics, environmental assessment, stakeholder engagement, and design,
- Prepare and manage drainage, flood risk management and rivers and coastal engineering bids, including methodology, cost estimation, risk assessment and programming resources,
- Undertake Project Manager duties using internal systems and also under NEC PSC contracts with Clients, including change control adopting Early Warnings and Compensation Events,
- Assist in the personal and technical development of team members.
- Engineering Degree in a relevant subject such as Civil, Structural or Environmental Engineering,
- Significant and demonstrable experience relating to some or all of the following: surface water and foul drainage, highway drainage, development infrastructure, flood risk management, river and coastal engineering.
- Experience of managing projects, delegating tasks and technical mentoring,
- Experience of direct liaison with Clients at a Project Manager level,
- Experience of UK water/FCERM sector
- Demonstrable knowledge of Environment Agency FCERM processes and systems,
- Experience of leading on FRM schemes,
- Demonstrable experience of effective delegation and resource management,
- Knowledge and experience of operating NEC ECC and PSC contracts.
- Chartered (or near Chartered) Member of a relevant Professional Institution (ICE/CIWEM)
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241749BR
Additional Locations UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - St. Albans
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.