Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire, St Albans
The AECOM Development Infrastructure team in St Albans/South East is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Engineer to expand its current team profile and capability.
As a Senior Development Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Prepare, or supervise the preparation of, technical outputs, ensuring those outputs are delivered on time, on budget and to an excellent standard;
- Manage staff in a small project team, liaise with the Client, deal with commercial issues and represent the team internally and externally at an appropriate level;
- Assist senior management in the preparation of technical and financial proposals;
- Develop client relationships, secure repeat business work where possible and actively seek new work from existing clients;
- Provide direction and technical advice to junior project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, promoting team spirit and collaborative behaviours;
You will be supported and encouraged to maintain your CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. AECOM fully supports individual's requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
- Proven design, coordination and management experience;
- Have knowledge and experience of S278, S38 and S104 schemes including detailed highway & drainage design;
- Experience of development infrastructure projects from feasibility, through the planning process to detailed design for implementation including some/all of the following:
- Local and strategic road alignment design and approval procedures
- Surface and foul water drainage strategies, design, modelling and approval procedures
- Utility strategies and management of new supply connections
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Infrastructure appraisals and production of option reports
- Experience and knowledge of relevant design standards including DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, local road standards and relevant national planning policy;
- Experience of design software such as WinDes (Microdrainage), Civil 3D, AutoCAD, BIM and the use of Excel to analyse data;
- Ability to handle the project management of smaller tasks and projects, including cost control, project schedules and liaising with and presenting to Clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
- The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Civil Engineer, or working towards chartership however, we would welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate strong practice experience who might be thinking of applying for Chartership at some point in the future and require help and support in doing so.
- Suitable experience in hydraulic modelling including building of and/or review of hydraulic models using Micro Drainage;
- Experience of liaising with Clients and stakeholder engagement;
- Experience of mentoring and supervising junior colleagues;
- Bachelor's degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in Civil Engineering or similar;
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241746BR
Additional Locations UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.