United Kingdom - , Knowsley (obsolete)Job Summary
The AECOM Development Infrastructure team in St Albans/South East is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Technician to expand its current team profile and capability.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the Senior Technician will play an important role within the St Albans team including overseeing junior team members working to support with the delivery of projects. This role will suit an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the candidate to work closely with other internal and external multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced environment. The role would ideally suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and diverse organisation - career progression opportunities are widely available and fully encouraged. Applications would be welcomed from experienced Technicians looking to take the next step in their careers.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that we deliver a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution, construction supervision and handover.
The ideal candidate will have a sound general knowledge of Development Infrastructure design software platforms and UK design principles which can be successfully brought to bear on these projects.
As a Development Infrastructure Technician, you will:
- Prepare, or coordinate the preparation of, technical outputs, ensuring those outputs are delivered on time, on budget and to an excellent standard;
- Provide direction and technical advice to junior members of the team, taking a proactive role in developing them to their full potential, promoting team spirit and collaborative behaviours
- Manage design activities/deliverables and represent the team internally at an appropriate level;
- Provide updates to Principal Engineer/Project Manager/Director in terms of the progress of tasks in line with programmes.
You will be supported and encouraged to maintain your personal development requirements/CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. AECOM fully supports individual's requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
- Suitable knowledge and experience of detailed highway and drainage design including relevant design standards and statutory authority agreements (S38, S278, S104, etc) ;
- Suitable knowledge and experience of utility network requirements and the diversion/abandonment process;
- Suitable experience of design and drafting software such as WinDes (Microdrainage), Civil 3D, AutoCAD and the use of BIM;
- Ability to manage and coordinate smaller tasks and projects including liaising with other disciplines and internal departments;
- Ability to work independently and undertake the gathering and review of planning and infrastructure data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Monitors and documents conformance with quality, performance, safety and code requirements.
- Activities may include assisting with engineering calculations, setting up and operating equipment, inspecting equipment and engineering installations for compliance with specifications and maintaining project documentation.
- General understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Suitable experience in hydraulic modelling including building of and/or review of hydraulic models using Micro Drainage;
- Suitable experience and knowledge of relevant design standards including DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, local road standards and relevant national planning policy;
- Experience or a desire to mentor and supervise junior colleagues.
Your benefits will include:
- A relevant civil engineering qualification (academic or experience based);
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Croydon - Bedford ParkClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.