Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Croydon, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire, St Albans
The AECOM UK Development Infrastructure team in St Albans/South East is looking for an enthusiastic Engineer to expand its current team profile and capability.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the Engineer will play an important role within the team including overseeing junior team members working to support with the delivery of projects. This role will suit an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the candidate to work closely with private and public sector Clients of all types and across all sectors locally, regionally and globally as well as other internal and external multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced environment. The role would ideally suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and diverse organisation - career progression opportunities are widely available and fully encouraged.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that we lead on a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution and handover.
The ideal candidate will have a sound general knowledge of Development Infrastructure design principles which can be successfully brought to bear on these projects.
As a Development Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Work on development infrastructure projects from feasibility through to detailed design including road design, drainage design, utility strategies, flood risk assessments and associated statutory authority approvals.
- Prepare technical outputs, ensuring those outputs are delivered on time, on budget and to an excellent standard;
- Work in project teams, coordinating with project managers and other disciplines;
- Deal with technical issues and represent the team internally and externally at an appropriate level.
You will be supported and encouraged to maintain your CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. AECOM fully supports individual's requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
- Suitable knowledge and experience of S278, S38 and S104 schemes including detailed highway & drainage design;
- Suitable experience of development infrastructure projects from feasibility, through the planning process to detailed design for implementation including some/all of the following:
- Local and strategic road alignment design and approval procedures
- Surface and foul water drainage strategies, design, modelling and approval procedures
- Utility strategies and management of new supply connections
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Infrastructure appraisals and production of option reports
- Suitable experience and knowledge of relevant design standards including DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, local road standards and relevant national planning policy;
- Suitable experience of design software such as WinDes (Microdrainage), Civil 3D, AutoCAD, BIM and the use of Excel to analyse data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- Experience or a desire to mentor and supervise more junior colleagues;
- Experience of liaising with Clients and stakeholder engagement.
- Bachelor's degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in Civil Engineering or similar;
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241747BR
Additional Locations UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.