Skills: Toolpusher, Well Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR POTENTIAL TEMP & FULL TIME POSITIONS!
DRILLING SECTION LEADER / TOOLPUSHER
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises drilling operations in accordance with Company and Client policies and procedures. Manages Client relations, personnel and assets to maintain rig operations and avoid downtime. Ensures the drilling department adheres to the safety management system requirements at all times.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years as a Toolpusher
- Valid Supervisor Well Control Certification (IWCF)
- 3+ years previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig
- 1-2 years previous experience with AKER equipment
- Fluent in the reading and writing of the English language. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Valid BOSIET/FOET
- IADC Rig Pass/Safe Gulf
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment including, lubrication, maintenance records and inventory levels
- Manage equipment preparation for future drilling operations
- Assist in maintaining sufficient stock of parts and materials for rig operations
- Review purchase orders for necessary equipment and/or parts to maintain rig operations
- Verify for compliance records of inspections and certification of drilling equipment, tools and tubulars
- Participate in the daily operations meeting to plan and direct the job activities of the drilling department
- Actively engage in, lead and facilitate weekly safety meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that the drilling department are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and updated accordingly
- Analyze the daily drilling report for accuracy and approve accordingly
- Report drilling progress and associated operations to the OIM as required
- Ensure that well control requirements are in place and meet operational requirements. Supervise well kill operations in an emergency or well control situation
- Jointly review the results of regular pressure testing along with OIM and Subsea Supervisor to ensure the BOP is maintained and ready for use
- Perform well control calculations
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Coordinate the activities of third party personnel responsible for various well program aspects
- Communicate with Client Representatives
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Responsible for budgetary control of department
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Conduct performance appraisal for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other Duties as Required
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position DRILLING SECTION LEADER / TOOLPUSHER Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: