Skills: Landman, Legal
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Petroplan is in search for a Land Relations Agent in Melbourne, Ontario.
This is a 1 year contract position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide Lands & Right-of-Way (ROW) support and advisor services to project team
* Act as the primary contact for Landowners on or near Enbridge pipeline easements and facilities building strong collaborative relationships and resolving landowner concerns and inquiries
* Responsible for landowner notification and agreements for all construction activity, approval, and special conditions for activities conducted on private or Crown/Public lands
* Lead coordinating role for all Lands & ROW matters pertaining to the pipeline right-of-way which includes leading the negotiations & settlement with landowners/public agencies
* Be accountable for documenting and supporting land related issues, management and disposal of Land/Land Rights, mitigating negative environmental impact, public relations with private and corporate landowners & tenants, negotiation of damage claims, and interface with Regulatory Agencies
* Represent the Company to outside stakeholders along the pipeline ROW within the project coverage. This includes but not limited to landowners, municipalities, government agencies, conservation authorities, various associations and the general public
MUST HAVE qualifications:
* Qualified land professional with a minimum of four years of related right-of-way experience in progressive roles
* Proficient understanding of the legal issues related to land acquisitions and easements in operating area
* Ability to interpret applicable legislation, regulations and processes. Equivalencies considered.
* Must be familiar with, and have the ability to interpret legal plans, legal documentation, titles, deeds and engineering drawings
* Proficient with current information technology including Microsoft Office suite of software, land databases, and geographic information systems (GIS)
* Effective problem solving, project management and decision-making skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Expertise in influencing and negotiating in sensitive situations
* Demonstrated ability to connect with a variety of stakeholders to achieve business goals
* Excellent interpersonal skills and initiative in dealing with a variety of external and internal customers and stakeholders (regulators, lawyers, industry, government, landowners and internal departments)
* Team-oriented, positive attitude, self-driven and able to work independently
* Ability to communicate effectively, show flexible decision making skills and use sound judgement to reach a positive outcome for all parties
* Share our core values of Safety, Integrity and Respect
* Valid Class 5 Drivers License
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
* Knowledgeable in pipeline maintenance and operations and experience with landowner negotiations
* Professional Designation from the International Right of Way Association and/or equivalent designation and/or other real estate or land related background
* 50% travel, will need access to own vehicle
* Occasional OT and on-call based on project request
* working remotely to start; expectation to be on client site
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.