Skills: Port Operations, Logistics Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bogota, Colombia
The Offshore Logistics Manager is responsible for executing and managing logistics operations, with the aim of reducing costs and improving process efficiency, and improving the service level to field operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-time logistics at competitive cost to Operations.
- Manage Logistics team and enforce related processes and systems.
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with Operations and report key performance indicators.
- Analyze domestic spend monthly and drive improvement initiatives including optimizing rental vs. call out equipment, defining vendor strategies, optimizing rate application, establishing fixed schedules and milk runs on high volume lanes.
- Be accountable for the domestic T&M spend percentage of revenue and domestic performance metrics.
- Ensure compliance with land transport contractor guidelines, HSE policies, local regulations and dangerous goods requirements in the GeoMarket.
- Be responsible for managing quarterly business reviews with logistics vendors, and engagement with Procurement and Sourcing to deliver expected service quality.
- Perform monthly invoice audits to ensure contract compliance in billing processes.
- Work with the HSE personnel to ensure statutory compliance with Health and Safety legislation, conducting risk assessments, monitoring performance and reviewing procedures.
- Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of various policies including Health and Safety, Security and Environmental.
- Work with clients, contractors, & local communities regarding any issues concerning vessel and equipment functionality and personnel.
- Shore base Manager will exercise control over all upstream activities, ensuring excellent operational delivery and highest standards of services provided by contractors.
- Support in the definition of requirements and selection of suppliers such as:
- Marine Vessels - Wide Knowledge to select the Vessel types, Capacities, and size according with operation
- Onshore shore-base and marine port (Colombia)
- Selection, Calculations CCUs Types and Quantities
- Marine Agency knowledge and coordination with them and Local Authorities
- Good management with Marine Local Authorities and Custom Authorities in COL
- Oil spill response material and services
- road transport and trucking services;
- Consumable procurement
- Waste handling, disposal, and management services
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience: 10 to 15 Years of experience on:
- Offshore Drilling and Completion Operations in South America (preferably in Colombia) and Central America (Gulf of Mexico)
- Offshore Logistics Operations South America (preferably in Colombia) and Central America (Gulf of Mexico)
- Offshore Logistics experience with main Offshore Customers
- Planning, analysis, development and execution of Logistics operations in offshore wells
- Inventory and Logistic management (Materials, transportation and resources) for Offshore Operations
- Execution, coordination HSE compliance with Customer, ports, providers
- Knowledge to How Operate Offshore Logistics using Free Trade zones models
- Coordination of operations and cargo movement (Onshore Free Trade Zone - Port and Offshore Platform Free Trade Zone)
- Coordination of maritime operations of vessels type PSV, AHTS and fast boat
- Coordination of air operations for the transport of personnel (crew changes)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Critical planning and management skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.