Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
The Full Stack Developer analyze, design and develop code. He/She is an individual contributor with good hands on with front-end and backend technologies.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with relevant procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
- Develop and execute unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.).
- Contributes to development plan by providing task estimates.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
- May mentor others regarding technical matters.
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand his/her informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains.
- May author/ co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems to the field and/or customer. Assist in preparation of cost estimates.
- Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
- Apply and comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures.
- Work closely with team members, to implement and support data-oriented development efforts
- Work with key users, sponsors and management to implement and support data-oriented development efforts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree and qualification level - B. Tech/ B.E. in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years of related experience
- Good to have Google cloud knowledge, Google Kubernetes, unit test case framework
- Experience with agile software development processes (specifically SCRUM)
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Knowledge of software construction
- Knowledge of and adherence to software quality principles
- Knowledge of Information Engineering (Databases, Data management Processes).
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.