Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Billings, Montana, United States
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. Diverse experience. A brighter future. Continuous learning and growth. What we do is more than building roads and bridges; we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, join us as a Transportation Project Manager/Design Manager.
As a vital member of our Montana and Northwest teams, you'll have the chance to work on challenging projects where we'll depend on your expertise, intuition, and leadership with planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of projects. You'll grow professionally with us because we'll rise together on impactful projects with a high degree of technical complexity from the concept stage through detailed design and construction services. You'll be leading multidiscipline planning and design teams to complete tasks within established schedules and budgets and help advance our business development strategies. Your relationships with our clients and communities in Montana and the Northwest will support our growth with key and strategic pursuits of traditional planning and design projects as well as alternative delivery opportunities.
Join us and we'll assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company.
Telework position; located within 30 minutes of Kalispell, Missoula, Helena, Bozeman, Great Falls or Billings preferred. Montana residence required.
Other Aspects of this Position:
• You'll have the ability to work from home where you live now, providing you the opportunity to develop your own flexible schedule and achieve your desired work-life balance. Jacobs has fully integrated teleworking into our operations and delivery platforms, and you will be part of over 50 professionals who live in Montana as teleworkers while engaging in local, regional, national, and international projects. You will be fully supported by regional and national IT teams to establish a fully-functioning home office.
• Integrating with our local Montana team who are committed to growing our professional services portfolio in Montana delivering the most challenging and complex infrastructure projects for our clients will be an exciting part of this role.
• You'll build upon your understanding of alternative project delivery models including design-build, progressive design-build, CM/GC (or construction manager at risk, varies by state), public-private partnerships (3P) as you develop the skill sets to serve as a project manager or design manager for our industry-leading practice teams.
• Contributing as a key part of our client service teams for Montana and Northwest clients, helping develop and implement our transportation market growth strategy through direct in-person and virtual interactions with client organizations will be important.
• You'll lead or support building strategic win-win relationships with other consulting firms and contractors as partners.
• You'll have the opportunity to immediately engage with existing projects in the role that best fits your skill sets and supports your career objectives.
• You'll be part of a broader Northwest team delivering challenging local, state and federal transportation projects in Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
• You'll have the opportunities to engage with planning and design professionals through our internal technical and social communities to help you grow your technical skill sets, engage with peers and mentors, and gain awareness of our global technology and project delivery platforms.
• You'll have the opportunity to travel domestically in the U.S. or abroad to work on projects as you desire, and as fits with your desired work-life balance.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• Montana Professional Engineer (P.E.) (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
• Demonstrated experience working on successful projects with Montana Transportation Department and/or other major communities in Montana.
• At least 10 years of progressive experience as a lead discipline engineer and project manager in the Transportation planning and design field
• Ability to demonstrate Project Leadership experience
• Working knowledge of federal and state design guidelines
• Strong networks and relationships in the Montana transportation market, including existing and potential clients and other consulting firms.