Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Job Title: Reinforced ConcreteInspector
Location: Detroit, MI
Pay Rate: DOE; negotiable
Full-Time position with benefits
**Must be local, reside, or able to commute to the client site**
LOCAL INSPECTOR REQUIRED: The inspector is responsible for oversight of the Contractor's quality assurance on behalf of Bureau Veritas' client during the construction phase. The inspector must have significant knowledge of the following: State of Michigan Standards; Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Materials Quality Assurance Procedures Manual (MQAPM), October 2018 Edition; and MDOT 2012 Standard Specifications for Construction, including Supplemental Specification for Errata to the 2012 Standard Specifications. The inspector shall demonstrate experience in a similar position. The skills required for this position include:
• Communicating with the Project Manager to determine the specific requirements of a given work order, including the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and budget for a particular assignment;
• Communication with the Project Manager, Contractor, and other specific members of the project to resolve schedule issues;
• Perform the Inspections and Testing Oversee Quality Control requirements as set out in the project requirements;
• Verify that test equipment is properly calibrated and maintainted as per the project specifications;
• Review test reports;
• Review the Test Packages and relevant documentation prior to conducting the tests;
• Track precision and bias of acceptance testing results;
• Initiate/issuance of Internal Non-Compliance Report once a non-conformity situation has been detected;
• Report to the Quality Assurance Coordinator on site
• Prepare and maintain quality records pertaining to the assigned portion of work
• Ensure that the services provided are performed in accordance with the project requirements and contract with the client;
• Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Project Manager;
• Communicate information from the construction site regarding upcoming assignments and potential work that Bureau Veritas could perform;
• Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas and the client;
• Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas offices;
• Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
• Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process;
• Ability to understand and read complex construction drawings and specifications;
• Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager and client. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred. Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras;
• Ability to multi-task and properly execute the assignment without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work;
• Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other Bureau Veritas offices, and the world wide Bureau Veritas organization
MUST have a minimum of 3 years of experience performing QA/QC within the infrastructure industry
MUST have a minimum of 3 years of experience performing concrete & rebar inspections within the State of Michigan
MUST already be certified as a Michigan Concrete Association (MCA) Level I
Preferred: MCA Level II or ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.