Skills: Fire Protection
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
DIVISIONAL FIRE OFFICER
Primary Purpose of Job
Plan and direct the establishment and implementation of a competent fire & rescue emergency response. Develop operational strategies for all areas under the jurisdiction of Mesaieed Industrial City, in accordance with National and International standards. Conduct effective fire risk management mitigation and preparedness to ensure the fire department response meets current and future needs to manage identified risks. Manage the emergency response provision to QP operational areas and end users facilities. Act as incident commander as directed by the QP Incident Command System. Ensure that relevant personnel have the requisite competencies and continuously develop and upgrade in line with any change in the business environment. Analyse and process fire incident statistics, to ensure conformity with KPI's. Review accident investigations to determine if more detailed investigation is required and notify the relevant authorities. Contribute and ensure close out of relevant findings.
• Minimum 12 years experience in industrial fire fighting or National Fire Service or Civil Defence fire service is required.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent is an advantage and member in the Institute of Fire Engineering or equivalent
• Passed Fire Investigation & Crew Command Courses • Diploma in Firefighting (Team Leader).
• Passed Advanced Firefighting Course.
Experience & Skills
• Good leadership, command, problem solving, motivational, and control skills.
• Good presentation, oral/written communication and investigation skills and ability to write specifications and prepare mandated reports.
• Ability to perform field inspections, risk assessment review /prepares proposals, and administers contracts.
• Ability to work effectively with various personnel and in teams, and be flexible in work assignments.
• Ability for improving bad working habits, employee performance, maintaining improved performance, utilizing effective follow up actions to solve employee or work related problems.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa