Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Crane Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Crane Operators are responsible for all crane and lifting operations aboard the ship and the conduct of these operations in accordance with Pacific Drilling company policies and procedures. This includes the supervision of all roustabouts and ensuring that all deck operations proceed in a safe and efficient manner.
Crane Operators are responsible for the safe and orderly operation of all cranes and lifting gear aboard the ship at the immediate discretion of the Deck Pusher(s) and Tool Pusher(s). This includes keen oversight of all crane and boat operations, stowage of deck cargo, bulk material transfers, organization of drilling equipment, maintenance on all cranes and lifting gear, and adequate housekeeping in all related spaces.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as offshore crane operator on a floating unit.
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements for Crane Operator as described in Pacific Drilling Offshore Training Matrix
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time, every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities about the rig.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the crane (s) and supervising all roustabouts
- Ensure Drill Floor and other departments about the rig receive the equipment necessary for its efficient operation
- Conduct all lifting and deck operations in accordance with Pacific standards and procedures
- Inspect crane structure and boom and wires for damage before each use, also conduct functional checks of crane safety devices. (i.e. gauges, indicators, limit switches, cables, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems in cranes).
- Ensure that all items to being lifted are provided with appropriate lifting points and are correctly rigged with certified gear (i.e. slings, straps, shackles, wire ropes, etc). Subsequently ensure lifted loads are clear of obstructions, balanced, and properly controlled with tag lines.
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instructions for current and forthcoming operations.
- Notify the Deck Pusher and Bridge personal prior to moving gantry crane(s), lifting or transferring heavy equipment, or moving other materials that may affect the rig's stability.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance tasks on the cranes and other related components or equipment. Maintain detailed log of all maintenance records
- Oversee housekeeping on pipe deck, main deck, and all spaces related to deck and cargo operations.
- Dutifully report any unsafe practices, any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situation with cranes and lifting operations to supervisor
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Enthusiastic, self driven, dynamic, and proactive attitude.
- Always promotes company interests in a positive manner.
- Strong and consistent leader, leads by example
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Deck Pusher
The Crane Operator serves as the immediate supervisor for all Roustabouts.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!