Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Floorhand will handle drilling tools and tubular on the rig floor for the purpose of making up/breaking down drill string, riser and other drilling systems on either the main or auxiliary well centers. He/she will also assist in the execution of all drilling operations in other areas of the vessel as required. All duties will be conducted in accordance with Pacific Drilling policies and procedures, in a safe and efficient manner.
The Floorhand will be assigned to work in any area onboard where activities pertaining to drilling operations are being conducted.
Qualifications and Experience
The Floorhand is required to have:
- Offshore experience including time on a floating rig (preferably drillship).
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Basic computer skills.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Well Control, Permit to Work, and Isolation procedures.
- Actively participate in daily pre-tour meeting and pre-job meetings as often as required by the operations. When a deviation from the planned operations is necessary, stop the work, regroup and obtain approval prior to plan, and implement the deviation.
- Follow standard instructions and maintain good communication with the Assistant Driller and inform of any concern, ensuring any deviation is properly communicated and documented.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised, and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements, and contractual obligations
- Perform daily checks; i.e., QHSE checks, manifold line ups etc. as directed by the Assistant Driller.
- Operate rig tongs, wrenches and other equipment required for making up or breaking out tubular - perform other tasks necessary for drilling operations.
- Use manual and automated means to move, position, lift, pull, push, remove, and install tubular and other equipment as needed to perform the operation.
- Manually set and remove slips from the rotary bore and around tubular as required.
- Wash down the rig floor areas using high pressure water, scrubbing brushes, and cleaning agents as required.
- Ensure all loads leaving the rig floor with the deck cranes are slung properly and have tag lines attached.
- Signal Crane Operator in bringing equipment to and from the rig floor in a safe and effective manner.
- Grease, lubricate, perform planned maintenance and minor repairs to rig floor equipment, and inspect machinery that are directly related to the drilling operation.
- Change tong and slip dies using hand tools and personal protective equipment.
- Ensure hand tools and portable lifting equipment are properly maintained and stored.
- Clean, service, and properly store drilling subs, fishing tools, etc.
- Maintain the hygiene and housekeeping to Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on clear escape routes and walkways.
- Assist Pumphand with operations in the shale shakers, cleaning mud tanks, mixing chemicals, etc.
- Provide detailed verbal handover at end of shift to the relieving crew.
- Completion of all training and certification requirements for the Floorhand position as described in the Pacific Drilling training matrix.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Safety and team oriented
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, dynamic, pro-active attitude
- Always promote company interest in a positive manner
- Demonstrate Commitment, Leadership, and Accountability especially in Quality & HSE matters
- Actively train and coach colleagues to ensure readiness for the next promotion/position.
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Assistant Driller Functional Manager/Supervisor - Driller
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!