Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Third Engineer is executing preventative/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing repairs to equipment pertaining to power plant, dynamically positioning and living quarters, and performs watch stander duties.
The Third Engineer executes the preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs in his / her area of responsibility. The Third Engineer also verifies the entries in the oil record book and daily engine room logbook are correct, and performs watch stander duties when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of offshore / merchant navy experience, preferably on a dynamically positioned vessel and worked in the position of Third Engineer.
- Holds a valid "Certificate of Competency" with the required qualification and certificates.
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements for Third Engineer as described in the Pacific Drilling offshore Training matrix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolations.
- Executing preventative and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of;
- Power Plant and Auxiliary Systems.
- Dynamically Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems.
- HVAC systems.
- Remote Operated Valve Systems.
- Ballast and Bilge Systems.
- Boilers, Incinerator and Auxiliary Systems.
- Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service and Starting Air.
- Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft.
- Living Quarters and related Support Systems.
- Emergency Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge equipment.
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard - as communicated with supervisors and direct supports - for critical/maintenance/operational systems.
- Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and to document all maintenance completed accordingly in the CMMS.
- Ensure all maintenance is carried out in accordance with Pacific Drilling requirements, contractual obligations and doesn't interfere with well program.
- Maintain housekeeping onboard to Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on escape routes.
- Inform Second and First Engineer and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
- Third Engineer is responsible for creating an environment in which open communication occurs between departments, clients and service partners as required.
- Ensures entries made into the Oil Record Book and Engine Room Logbook is correct.
- Clearly and accurate communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Safety and Team orientated.
- Enthusiastic, self driven and dynamic with a pro-active attitude.
- Always promote company interests in a positive matter.
- Commitment, Leadership and Accountability especially in HSE Matters.
- Actively train, coach subordinates to ensure readiness for the next promotion/position.
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Second Engineer
Functional Manager/Supervisor - First Engineer