Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Second Engineer is in charge of executing preventative/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing repairs to equipment pertaining to power plant, dynamically positioning systems and living quarter's equipment.
The Second Engineer executes the preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs in his/her area of responsibility. The Second Engineer liaises daily with the First Engineer regarding the preventative maintenance to plan maintenance in an efficient manner and with a pro-active attitude to prevent non productive time. The Second Engineer performs watch standing duties as required and is responsible for correct entries in the Oil Record Book and Engine Room Logbook.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of offshore / merchant navy experience, preferably on a dynamically positioned vessel with a minimum of two years experience in the position of Second Engineer.
- Valid "Certificate of Competency" with the qualification of Second Engineer all ships.
- Valid STCW '95 certificates required to maintain the "Certificate of Competency".
- Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements for Second Engineer as described in the Pacific Drilling offshore Training matrix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Leader in completing preventative and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of:
- Power Plant and related Auxiliary Systems.
- Dynamically Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems.
- Ballast and Bilge Systems.
- HVAC systems.
- Remote Operated Valve Systems.
- Boilers, Incinerator and Auxiliary Equipment.
- Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service and Starting Air.
- Emergency Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge Equipment.
- Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft.
- Living Quarters and related Support Systems.
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard - as per communication with supervisor and direct supports - for critical/maintenance/operational systems.
- Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and to document all maintenance completed accordingly in the CMMS.
- Ensure that all maintenance is planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with Pacific Drilling requirements, contractual obligations and doesn't interfere with well programs.
- Maintain housekeeping onboard to Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on escape routes.
- Ensure that Third Engineer and Motor Operator have all necessary competencies and skills to perform their tasks. Provide assistance and training to the crew in the operation and maintenance of equipment; regularly appraise and provide feedback to department members.
- Inform Chief Engineer and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
- Liaise with the Marine Department regarding the loading of fuel, drill and potable water.
- Second Engineer is responsible for creating an environment in which open communication occurs between departments, clients and service partners as required.
- Clearly and accurate communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Safety and Team orientated.
- Enthusiastic, self driven and dynamic with a pro-active attitude.
- Always promote company interests in a positive matter.
- Commitment, Leadership and Accountability especially in HSE matters.
- Actively train, coach subordinates to ensure readiness for the next promotion/position by monitoring their performance, carrying out efficient appraisals as often as required.
Direct Manager/Supervisor - First Engineer
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!