Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Electronic Technician (ET) assists the Chief Electronic Technician (Chief ET) with installing, repairing and maintaining all electronic equipment onboard the vessel.
The ET performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all electronic related equipment, with oversight of the Chief ET; the ET communicates regularly with the other departments (IT, mechanical, electrical, engine room, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Electronic Knowledge/Skills through work experience or Certificate of education in lieu of work experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- Fluent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Compliance with Pacific Drilling training matrix for the Electronic Technician position.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Maintain and repair all electronic systems including Dynamic Positioning, communication, data acquisition and navigational equipment.
- Maintain and repair electronic systems in relation to subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
- Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic systems and components as per Pacific Drilling maintenance standards.
- Maintain sufficient spares are onboard - together with Chief ET and Electrical/Electronic Supervisor - for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
- Maintain workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards.
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and prevent/rectify actual and potential malfunctions, report potentially dangerous conditions to the Chief ET.
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
- Inform Chief ET and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies, training and skills to perform their tasks. Provide assistance and training to the crew in the operation and maintenance of equipment; regularly appraise and provide feedback to department members.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Maintain the housekeeping onboard to Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on escape routes.
- Responsible for creating an environment in which open communications occurs between departments, clients and third parties as required.
- Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Safety and team oriented
- Enthusiastic, self-driven and dynamic, pro-active attitude
- Always promotes company interest in a positive manner
- Commitment, Leadership and Accountability especially in HSE matters
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Chief ET
The ET has one no direct reports
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!