Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: System Control Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
JOB SUMMARY: responsible for repair and maintenance of electronic, remote control and automation equipment used in operations as well as for compliance with HSE rules when performing the said works
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Technical certificate from a recognized body
- 3+ years previous experience in a Mechanic role
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection, Well Control Level 1 and Confined Space Entry.
- Ensure that all instruments/PLC's/control networks/electrical equipment is maintained and repaired promptly. To investigate defects and submit reports as required
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with the Company's repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service
- Monitor any instruments/PLC's/electrical equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for use
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimize the effect on the drilling operation
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate
- Ability to read, update or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required or provides such information to management
- Other duties as required
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: