Skills: Crane Operator, Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane. Responsible for the first line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting equipment. Also, performs and directs lifting operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Level/Stage 3 Offshore Crane Certificate
- 3+ years experience as an offshore Crane Operator
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Rigging, Slinging & Banksman
- Offshore Fire Team
- Helicopter Landing Officer
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Air & Marine)
- Operate the cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures that inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use
- Manage heavy or complex lifts according to company policy and procedure
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register
- Supervise operating procedures. Report all unsafe activities, situations and potential hazards to supervisor
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc
- Plan and manage the handling of hazardous materials and ensure they are stowed in designated areas.
- Ensure that approved operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and decks are organized in assigned areas
- Direct or participate in all pre-job plans for critical deck operations
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instructions for current and future operations
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: