Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG(S) COULD POTENTIALLY WORK ON: Semi-Submersible, Jack-Up, Platform, Drillship
JOB SUMMARY: responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor, Rig Supervisor or Toolpusher as appropriate for the maintenance of all equipment within the company scope/area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Journeyman/Red Seal Mechanic Certificate
- 1+ years previous experience offshore in a Mechanic role
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have valid Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, WorkplaceNL Fall Protection and WorkplaceNL Confined Space Entry, and Well Control Level 1
- Responsible for following the P.M.S system and to record it in the maintenance system software
- Responsible for conducting regular checks to verify if all mechanical equipment is in a safe working condition
- Monitor any mechanical equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for uses within the areas desired
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service
- Plan maintenance and repairs so as to minimize the effect on the drilling operation, bring to the attention any activities that cannot be completed or scheduled within the planned time frame
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate
- Other duties as required
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: