Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Oiler
Reports To: Chief & Second Engineer
An oiler maintains proper lubrication for the propulsion engine of a ship, the oiler keeps tabs on the lubrication of other shipboard equipment such as air conditioning, sewage systems and water pumps.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Transport Canada Engine Room Rating or Engine Room Assistant Certificate
- Experience as an Oiler/Engineer on a vessel
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival craft other than a fast rescue craft
- STCW Advanced Firefighting
- STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Fast Rescue Craft
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Valid Marine Medical
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Oils and greases moving parts, such as gears, shafts, and bearings, of engines and auxiliary equipment used to propel maritime vessels: Examines machinery for specified pressure and flow of lubricants
- Fills oilcups on machinery with grease and lubricating oil, according to machinery lubrication instructions
- Reads pressure and temperature gauges and records data in engineering log.
- Assists Engineer in overhauling and adjusting machinery.
- May lubricate deck machinery when vessel is unloading cargo
- Carry out general engine room housekeeping duties
- Other duties assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: