Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Third Engineer
Reports To: Chief & Second Engineer
Reporting to the Chief and Second Engineer, the Third Engineer is responsible for maintenance activities in accordance with the vessels' program as instructed by the Chief Engineer. Ensure that all hazardous work is carried out under controlled conditions and all safety procedures observed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Transport Canada Fourth-Class Motor Engineer Certificate
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival craft other than a fast rescue craft
- STCW Advanced Firefighting
- STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Valid Marine Medical
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical operation all vessel machinery and equipment including maintaining Engine Room Watchkeeping duties
- Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness, speed or normal operations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Monitor bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Other duties assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: