Skills: A B Seaman
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: AB Seafarer
Reports To: Chief Officer
The AB is responsible to the Chief Officer and is a member of the deck department.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum STCW Bridge watch Rating or AB Seafarer Certificate of Competency
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival craft other than a fast rescue craft
- STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Valid Marine Medical
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Maintenance on deck as and when required.
- Perform lookout duties as required
- Participate in fire and lifeboat drills
- Active member of the fire team
- Mooring operations
- Load and unload cargo
- Assist Chief Mate with planned deck maintenance
- General cleaning of vessel
- Take part in loading, discharging, and sea fastening of equipment
- Mooring of the vessel
- Watch duty on deck.
- Act as navigational watch rating.
- Assist in repairs to the deck department.
- Assist Chief Officer in his assistance to the Master in conducting the Masters Review in accordance with the ISM code.
- Other Duties as Required
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: