Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Application Engineer will align operations with customer technical objectives and planning, taking charge of the relation with the engineering team and coordinating with the operational team of Weatherford:
- Gathering well data info for BSP
- Creating design of thru-tubing services
- Proposing BHA (bottomhole assembly) diagrams
- Performing advanced calculations, hydraulic modelling, hydrostatic calculations etc
- Job planning / equipment selection or availability/ Verify and finalize BHAs
- Supply Workshop with equipment tool list
- Cost estimate + PRPO submission
- Confirm job# and DT# available for job / confirm PO validity / confirm job program available and share to personnel going on job
- Confirm personnel mob / awareness of upcoming jobs for planning crew change
- Liaise with client offshore / obtain MR
- Keep the client informed of job progress via DoR / morning meetings
- Keep the client informed of Prep / loadout of unplanned tools for unexpected situations / incidents
- Supervise SITs, be accountable for the SQ and QHSSE at customer's site
- 6-8 years of work experience with min 2 years' field service engineering experience
- High School Diploma/ University Degree in engineering discipline
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Good Oilfield Math, Pressures, Volumes, Basic Hydraulics
- Good oral and advanced written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self starter
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to work closely with fellow employees, team player