Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're powering them, too. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
We're seeking an Electrical Engineering Specialist to join our Energy and Power Solutions Group in Gainesville, FL. Someone who can use their vast experience in the industry and apply it to today's challenges.
Your design expertise will be focused on developing designs for power generation and distribution projects. Responsibilities will include development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction.
You'll play an integral role in mentoring staff, as well as forming and maintaining long term client relationships.
Working together, we'll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future - big and small, global and local.Qualifications:Here's what you'll need:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to direct a team of electrical engineers and designers in the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, Revit, SmartPlant or equivalent
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design experience
- System modeling experience using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software
- Successful track record of technical quality management while meeting established project schedule and budget requirements
- Design services proposal experience, including development of scope and fee for electrical engineering services
- Travel ability
- PE (Professional Engineer's License), or eligible obtain one within 2 years
- Substation design experience
- Relay and protection system design experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.